Name: Ehsan Roohi Golkhatmi
Current position: Associate Professor
Research Interests: Prof. Roohi research could be categorized in the following three subjects: 1) Direct Simulation Monte Carlo (DSMC) for treating rarefied gas dynamics at micro-nano scale and outer space: Developing innovative intermolecular collision models in DSMC and presenting novel designs in micro and nanoscale devices 2) Cavitating flows, and 3) Large Eddy Simulations (LES). He uses large parallel simulations to investigate fluid physics and heat transfer. His group mainly uses the open source code OpenFOAM.
Sep 2019-Now: Associate Professor, School of Aerospace Engineering,, Xi'an Jiaotong University
Sep 2015-Aug 2019: Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Eng., Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Jan 2011-Sep 2015: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Eng., Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Fall 2010: Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Eng., Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
2006 - 2010: Ph.D., Department of Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
2009: Visiting Scholar, MultiScale Flows Research Group , University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
2004 - 2006: M.Sc., Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
2000 - 2004: B.Sc., Department of Aerospace Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Honors and Awards:
13. Distinguished Researcher in Mechanical Eng., elected by Iran Academy of Science, (2019).
12. Top 1% Reviewer in Engineering, Publon (2017, 2018).
11. "Exemplary Professor", Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, (2017) .
10. "Best National MSc thesis advisor in Propulsion for Mr. Bijan Goshayeshi thesis", Iranian Aerospace Association, March 2016.
9. "Distinguished Young Researcher in the Engineering Department", Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, (2015) .
8. "Distinguished Researcher in the Engineering Department for qualitative researches during 2010-2014", awarded by the chair of the university, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, (2014).
7. "Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate Award", awarded by the chair of the university, Sharif University of Technology (2010).
6. "Best Ph.D. Thesis" in Propulsion Division at the Aerospace Department, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
5. Ranked 1st among Ph.D. candidates at the Aerospace Department, Sharif University of Technology (period: 2006 - 2010).
4. Ranked 2nd among M.Sc. students at the Mechanical Engineering Department, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (period: 2004 - 2006).
3. "Aali - Nasab" Award for B.Sc. thesis, selected as "Distinguished B.Sc. Thesis" by the Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineering (ISME).
2. Ranked 2nd among B.Sc. students at the Aerospace Department, Sharif University of Technology (period: 2000 - 2004)
1. Ranked 1st in the University Entrance Exam for the M.Sc. degree in Aerospace Engineering (2004).
1. Lotfian, A., Roohi, E., Radiometric flow in periodically patterned channels: Fluid Physics and Improved configurations, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 860, pp. 544-576, 2019.
2. Roohi, E., Stefanov, S., Shoja-Sani, A., Ejraei, H., A Generalized Form of the Bernoulli Trial Collision Scheme in DSMC: Derivation and Evaluation, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 354(c), 476-492, 2018.
3. Shahabi, V., Baier, T., Roohi, E., Hardt, S., Thermally induced gas flows in ratchet channels with diffuse and specular boundaries, Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, 41412, 2017.
4. Roohi, E., Stefanov, S., Collision Partner Selection Schemes in DSMC: From micro/nano flows to hypersonic flows, Physics Reports, Vol. 656 (C), pp. 1-38, 2016.
5. Goshayeshi, B., Roohi, E., Stefanov, S., DSMC Simulation of Hypersonic Flows Using an Improved SBT-TAS Technique, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 303(C), pp. 28-44, 2015.